[CentOS] GNOME + Firefox - Mouse froze - what key combination to revive?

Gordon McLellan gordonthree at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 18:47:37 UTC 2008

Lanny,

Don't forget to enable the featuret... magic sysrq is disabled by default.

quoting from http://aplawrence.com/Words2005/2005_04_13.html:

"To use it, you need to have it enabled in your kernel
(CONFIG_MAGIC_SYSRQ). It usually is; if you have a file called
'/proc/sys/kernel/sysrq' you have this. To ENABLE the magic functions,
you need a "1" in that file. If it has 0, Alt-SysRq just returns you
to the previous console you were using."

-Gordon