[CentOS] CentOS PPC architecture support

Stewart Williams

lists at pinkyboots.co.uk
Sun Dec 14 20:34:22 UTC 2008

I have a system with a PowerPC cpu which I'd like to run CentOS on in a
production environment (albeit for a home personal server.)

Does anyone know if the CentOS team are actually going to support PPC?

I have found a page which states release 4 is in beta[1]. But little else.

Is there lack of demand for support for this aging arch?

Is there a lack of volunteers?

I'd be willing to test the releases and bug report, or help out in
anyway I can.

Fedora has good support, however, I don't really want to update the
system often.

[1] http://www.centos.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=65