[CentOS] GNOME + Firefox - Mouse froze - what key combination to revive?

Mon Dec 15 17:48:23 UTC 2008

Lanny Marcus wrote:
> Thanks for that information. It happened again, awhile ago. I was
> using Gmail online, with Firefox, as I'm now doing, and the mouse just
> became inactive. I had to kill the power again, which is a horribly
> inelegant way to get out of that.

Lanny,

Have you tried to ssh in from another system?  Sometimes that works even
with the keyboard/mouse totally frozen.  If so you could "telinit 3 /
telinit 5" or reboot with a bit more elegance.

Phil