[CentOS] regarding vpn server for 1500 clients

NiftyClusters T Mitchell niftycluster at niftyegg.com
Wed Dec 17 08:37:39 UTC 2008

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 7:20 AM,  <dhaval.thakar at networthdirect.com> wrote:
> Hi list,
>

> I have to build vpn server for 1500 clients. No encryption necessary.
> can anyone please recommend me vpn server.
>
> I do not have experience on vpn.
>
> I have tested openvpn on my test setup, & its working fine.
>
> I want to check if there any other vpn server available.
> I have not checked but can pptp vpn be usefull?
>
> My requirement is to connect 1500 clients on vpn server.
> Need frontend to manage vpn clients.

1500 clients at the same time is a lot and
"No encryption necessary" sounds like a contradiction.

OpenVPN should be as good as any vpn solution...  and since it works for you
benchmark it and  plan on multiple servers as traffic performance
measures indicate.

It is possible that dedicated Cisco hardware solutions will scale
better.  At a minimum they can set a cost base line to validate the
value of your Linux solution.

Management of clients needs to be expanded.

Point-to-point tunneling protocol does not make sense
based on your email address.

--
        NiftyCluster
        T o m   M i t c h e l l