[CentOS] cpuspeed problems with 5.2 and 2.6.18-92.1.18 kernel revision

Gregg McClintic gregg at thegbox.com
Thu Dec 18 01:08:23 UTC 2008

I've seen this on my laptop also.

Its an older thinkpad t20. Its always running slower by 200MHZ or
something close to that. I've even swapped the cpu to a newer faster
version.

Ensured cpuspeed was turned off, and still the issue persisted. Havent
loaded it with another os to see if the issue stands figured I'm a Cent
guy.. I'll deal with it.

Just as a note. It did it prior to me upgrading to 5.2 from 4.7.