[CentOS] cpuspeed problems with 5.2 and 2.6.18-92.1.18 kernel revision

Morten Torstensen morten at mortent.org
Thu Dec 18 09:05:25 UTC 2008

ArcosCom Linux User wrote:
> I'll try the new 2.6-92.1.22 kernel too, but in the new kernel changelog
> not appears to be any type of fix that affect to this.

I have seen the same problem on RHEL 5.2 on a ThinkPad T41 too...
cpuspeed stuck at the low-cpu setting. Manually kicking it to something
using the GUI widget or through /proc solves the problem, until the next
reboot at least.

Don't have RHEL 5.2 on that machine anymore to test.

--

//Morten Torstensen
//Email: morten at mortent.org
//IM: morten.torstensen at gmail.com

I can't listen to that much Wagner. I start getting the urge to conquer
Poland.
	-- Woody Allen