[CentOS] regarding vpn server for 1500 clients

Michael Semcheski mhsemcheski at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 18:16:22 UTC 2008

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 11:41 AM, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:
> I still think I'd recommend Juniper SSLVPN appliance hardware however.
> one of their midsized boxes can easily handle 1000s of sessions at wire
> speeds up to 100baseT at the server side, and has really good

I was an end user of a Juniper SSLVPN appliance, and so were 1000's of
my colleagues.  I would definitely recommend doing their own
verification of how many sessions these appliances require.  I know my
organization had to add a lot more appliances to get performance up to
what they consider an acceptable speed.  What they consider acceptable
speed is not wire speed for many US broadband users.

I don't know what the exact numbers are, but I suspect they can handle
closer to 100's of sessions than 1000's of sessions.

Sorry for going off-topic.

Mike