[CentOS] FTPS setup problem

Guy Boisvert boisvert.guy at videotron.ca
Fri Dec 19 23:17:59 UTC 2008

Alain Reguera Delgado wrote:

> Guy Boisvert wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> 	I'm trying to figure out what's going wrong with a "simple" FTPS setup
>> and VSFTPD.
>> When i try, i get this error message:
>>
>> SSL/TLS client handshake failed (Error = 0x80090308)
>
> How are you trying to connect ? What is the address you are referring to
> access ? Can you use lftp with debug 9 and post the output ?

As i said, i'm trying to connect in FTPS mode with FileZilla and
SmartFTP to port 21 at the address of my server!

>> Does anybody could give me a pointer on this?
>
> please, take a lookt at:
> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Chroot_Vsftpd_with_non-system_users
>
> I would like to hear if this is useful to you.
>
> Best Regards,

This link is interesting but the problem is not that i don't want to use
"local" users.  I have no problem with that.  That's the SSL/TLS
handshake error that i don't figure out.

Thanks!

Guy Boisvert, ing.
IngTegration inc.