[CentOS] Something to test in php 5.2

Michael A. Peters

mpeters at mac.com
Fri Dec 26 11:10:18 UTC 2008

Since people are testing php 5.2 in the CentOS repo - here's a bug I
found in my own build of 5.2 that probably is a general php bug - but is
worth testing on the CentOS testing packages.

If using imagefttext with a Postscript type 1 font -

$lstring="©" . date("Y") . " My Real Name";

or

$lstring=html_entity_decode("©", ENT_COMPAT, "UTF-8") . date("Y") .
"My Real Name";

both result in a ' instead of a © when rendered on the image.

Works fine with a TrueType font, only an issue with Type1 fonts.

Well, I only tried the second (with html_entity) with a ttf font, but
point is it doesn't do what it is suppose to do with ps fonts.