[CentOS] 2 internet connections and one for backup

MHR mhullrich at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 21:18:14 UTC 2008

On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 12:54 PM, Robert <kerplop at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Vandaman wrote:
>> Bob Taylor wrote:
>>
>>> Guys, you're on a two way street. Having said that, it
>>> happens you're
>>> both right and you're both wrong.
>>
>> I post on several mailing lists and have never seen any jackass
>> become abusive because he does not want to follow the guidelines
>> of that mailing list. Have you seen any yourself?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Vandaman.
>>
> It does make one wonder why some people either don't make an effort to
> conform to guidelines -or- do make an effort to not conform.  Of all the
> annoying practices we see, though, top posting seems fairly innocuous
> -if- irrelevant content is snipped without wrecking attributions.
>
> But then, I ask you how many bottom-posted messages do we see in which
> it's impossible to determine who said what?   To me, that's important
> because unlike airport TSA people who are forbidden to "profile",  I'm
> gonna mentally weigh answers based on who said it.
>
> Just one man's opinion...

It also does not hurt at least to try to be polite about it.  Rude, or
even flat (i.e., those open to interpretation as rude), comments don't
help.  Trust me on this one - I know (perhaps you've seen this from
me?), and I've been posting on mailing lists, discussion groups,
newsgroups and such since 1979 or so.  I've flamed and been flamed,
been rude and been polite.  Polite works.

Now, can we put this OT tangent to bed?

Thanks.

mhr