[CentOS] 2 default gateway?

Alex H. Vandenham alex at avantel.ca
Tue Dec 30 06:19:02 UTC 2008

On Monday 29 December 2008 04:30:30 pm Mario wrote:
> > I've got 2 internet connection, one is direct connected to my server and
> > the
> > second i use by default gateway. How can I create 2 default gateway?
> >
> >you can't, that's why it is called "default". You can add gateways to each
> >of
> >your interfaces by adding GATEWAY= to the respective ifcfg file in
> >sysconfig/network-scripts.
>
> ok, but for example when i connect to one of that interface on port 22, my
> server doesn't try to use the second gateway? does it use the
> interface(gateway) on which a connection is started?

Have a look at this description of the issues related to multiple network
connections.

http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.rpdb.multiple-links.html

For incoming connections, the replies have to go out on the same interface.
For traffic originating on your lan, you probably don't care and you
can "load balance".  This article show you how to do that.

Cheers;

Alex
===

> Mario

dangerous content by Avantel Systems, and is
believed to be clean.