[CentOS] How to change an executable into a directory

MHR mhullrich at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 19:02:37 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 10:54 AM, John <jses27 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Maybe the file Header is Corrupted or you have the wrong file association
> with then???

Possibly, and I don't know how to do that other than a binary edit of
the files (which _I_ didn't do...).

> Did you try opening them with a browser exclusivly?

I get "The file "chv81128_files" is of type application/octet-stream
and SeaMonkey does not know how to handle this file type...."

> Is the directory marked executable?

No.

> ls -l

This was in my previous post which you quoted - they're -r--r--r.

> Maybe they were saved in the wrong format?

Could be, although I have saved hundreds of web pages like this and
these are the first two to show up in this bizarre state.

> Just a thought of explanations?

Thanks.

mhr