[CentOS] CentOS, PHP, Basic GIS

Michael Simpson

mikie.simpson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 10:53:16 UTC 2008

On 12/23/08, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
> Michael A. Peters wrote:
> > Basically - the data will be plotted as a grid of regular hexagons. When
> > locality information (museum record or photo voucher record in our own
> > database) exists, the hexagon the record sits in gets drawn a pretty
> > color (depending on type and age of records).
>
> mashup's with google maps are easy to do, and there are plenty of
> examples and resources out there that let you work with them in most
> mainstream languages - I am sure php code exists too.
>
> Is that a route you considered ?
>
> - KB

We use the google maps api for all our GIS work.
It integrates really well with php.
We use it to plot pharmacies in Glasgow and the various services that
they provide along with the number of spaces that they have for
substitute prescibing for patients with drug misuse problems so it is
very dynamic.

As long as the website is publically available then the licencing
terms seem reasonable.

mike