[CentOS] MySQL issues with kernel-2.6.18-53.1.6.el5.x86_64.rpm

Bent Terp bent at nagstrup.dk
Fri Feb 1 18:12:20 UTC 2008

On Feb 1, 2008 10:54 AM, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:
> Bent Terp wrote:
> > Good point, thanks Johnny! We've verified that here; problem does not
> > occur when mounting a Linux nfs-share, and does occur when mounting a
> > Celerra nfs-share.

Tunrs out that nfsstat wasn't telling us the whole truth.... We set up
an rsync that only did the directory listing, and the .4 => .6 kernel
"opgrade" (and I use the term loosely...) resulted in that rsync
command taking 21 secs instead of 4.5 against a Linux nfs backend; and
20 secs instead of 10 against the celerra.

> > I've opened a Service Request @ EMC, and will post here again when relevant.

Issue remains open, although I'm sligthly embarassed about it now,
given that linux backends are also affected.

When we built a .6 kernel without the 5 nfs patches, nfsstat output
reverted, but I don't know about the actual performance, yet. Probably
we can rerun those tests monday.

BR Bent