[CentOS] DVD support on CentOS 5.1

John Bowden j-alan at btconnect.com
Sat Feb 2 21:06:08 UTC 2008

On Friday 01 February 2008 21:08:51 MHR wrote:
> On Feb 1, 2008 2:17 AM, Ross Cavanagh <ross-cavanagh at bm-sms.co.jp> wrote:
> > > The package that you want to install from rpmforge is:
> > >
> > > gstreamer-ugly-plugins
> > >
> > > It should make gstreamer (and totem on centos5) be able to play dvds.
> > >
> > > I am not sure if it works, as I use mplayer on my personal workstation
> > > :D
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Johnny Hughes
> >
> > Also, you may require libdvd, this is available from the rpmforge repo.
> >
> > -Ross-
>
> Actually, you need several libdvd libraries - libdvdplay, libdvdcss,
> libdvdnav, libdvdread and maybe something else (I still can't get
> Totem to play my DVDs - I use mplayer, too, and xine when it works
> ~40% of the time).
>
> mhr

Is Kaffeine in the repos? I'm on my Mandriva notebook at the moment,(still
setting up my first CentOS box). I use it to watch DVD and TV and most other
media files. It does a check the first time you start it and lets you know
whats missing.

--
Guy Fawkes, the only man to enter the house's of Parliament
with honest intentions, (he was going to blow them up!)