[CentOS] New hardware to run CentOS

nate centos at linuxpowered.net
Mon Feb 4 17:52:24 UTC 2008

israel.garcia at cimex.com.cu wrote:
> As I say before, I'm running databases with a lot of users on a CentOS4x
> server. Somebody ask me to search the latest hardware to migrate my
> databases to this new server. I have now an HP EVA8000 storage with a
> lot of hdds, so I want know which is the best hardware to get the best
> performance with my storage (HP-EVA8000). Any idea will be appreciate.

Sun seems to have a good special going on right now on their
latest X4600 server. 8 processor, dual core Opteron, 32GB of memory
for $20k. Expandable to quad core(when the quad cores ship), and
256GB of memory. Throw a couple FC cards in it and you should
have a pretty bad ass DB server.

http://shop.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Sun_NorthAmerica-Sun_Store_US-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewStandardCatalog-Browse?CategoryName=Sun_Fire_X4600_Se_1&CategoryDomainName=Sun_NorthAmerica-Sun_Store_US-SunCatalog&pid=8socket&cidrecord=

nate