[CentOS] Re: system gets suspended automatically!

Ross S. W. Walker rwalker at medallion.com
Wed Feb 6 13:51:36 UTC 2008

I don't think that is the "harmless" error message mentioned in the release notes as that had to do with the "crash kernel".

I saw this same error on a Dell AMD system. It seems the motherboard in that system didn't do ACPI IRQ routing as the kernel expected and experienced a lot of random problems until "acpi=noirq" was passed as a kernel option to disable ACPI IRQ routing defaulting back to the APIC IRQ routing. If that still gives you problems then you may need to use "irq=poll" which forces the kernel to poll for IRQ changes.

-Ross