[CentOS] sendmail: fatal message, sudo bash

Farid Hamjavar

hamjavar at unm.edu
Wed Feb 6 17:02:33 UTC 2008

Centos 5

Hello

I successfully converted my mta from sendmail to postfix.
no problem. mail is ok.

A by-product of that, as bizarre as it may seem is this:

As regular user, when I do 'su -' to become root, all is well.

As regular user, when I do 'sudo bash' I become root
alright but I also get:

sendmail: fatal: Recipient addresses must be specified on the command line
or via the -t option

I tried many things ranging from temporarily swapping  sendmail.postfix to
messing around with /etc/profile and /etc/skel/* and many other things.

How can I address the annoying message above?

Thanks,
Farid