[CentOS] RAM for cluster net boot?

Jason jason at jasonandjessi.com
Wed Feb 6 19:48:13 UTC 2008

not exactly.  what are you planning on doing with these machines? Once
they boot (which is maybe a 5 meg or so file) then the file system is
pulled from an NFS share. You can do the entire OS and file system in
RAM, but why?     A server with 512meg of RAM will be MORE then enough
to serve as a PXE server (to boot off the network) and an NFS server
(for the filesystems).  Smack in a 100 gig harddrive and you're golden.