[CentOS] Installation problems with large mirrored drives

Bowie Bailey

Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com
Wed Feb 6 21:25:40 UTC 2008

I am trying to install CentOS 4.6 to a pair of 750GB hard drives.  I can
successfully install to either of the drives as a single drive, but when
I try to use both drives and mirror the partitions, I start having
problems.  Anaconda crashes as it is trying to format the drives.

This is what I'm trying to create:

    /dev/md0: 200MB, /boot
    /dev/md1: 2GB, swap
    /dev/md2: rest of the drive, LVM PV

    LogVol00: 10GB, /
    LogVol01: rest of the VG, /home

I uploaded the anaconda log to the CentOS bugtracker, but I don't know
if or when I should expect a response from that, so I'm asking here as
well.  If you want to see the log, here's the link:
http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=2652

Is there a way I can work around this problem?  It has been suggested
that I build the system with a single drive and then add the mirror to
it.  Is it possible to add a mirror to a partition that is an LVM PV?
Can someone give me a link to a good set of instructions for doing this?

Thanks,

--
Bowie