[CentOS] PCNS for CentOS and APC ups's

Ross S. W. Walker rwalker at medallion.com
Thu Feb 7 00:28:36 UTC 2008

Well I'm not near the config, but I remember it was easy. The default timings match APC's defaults, so all you really need to do is set the UPS name (for identification purposes) and the comm type will be snmp, port will be something like <hostname>:161:<community> and set an email address to send alerts to.

Testing is a little tricky as it dials directly in to the snmp interface, you could lower the "time on battery" and kick the plug on the ups and see if it initiates a safe shutdown, but that depends on how many other hosts are on the ups and if this host is in active production.

It has worked in my environment though.

-Ross