[CentOS] package 'synchronization' for multiple systems

Tim Alberts

talberts at msiscales.com
Thu Feb 7 18:14:28 UTC 2008

I'm setting up multiple systems and ideally I want the same package
configuration on all of them.  So I'm going through yum and rpm queries
manually to try and get this done.  There must be a better way.  Is
there a way to use yum or rpm to configure multiple systems with the
same packages?

If yum or rpm has something native built into it to do this, that would
be great.  If there's some scripts to simplify some tasks that works too.

I've used webmin's 'Cluster Software Package' module, and will probably
fall back to it.  However I don't think I get the info that yum gives
regarding package grouping and what packages are part of what
capabilities.  Gotta query elsewhere for it.  (no disrespect to webmin
folks, great tool)