[CentOS] Apache 2.2 on CentOS 5 and name-based SSL virtual hosts?

Kai Schaetzl

maillists at conactive.com
Mon Feb 11 23:04:02 UTC 2008

name-based virtual hosts with SSL (*) work fine with Apache 2.0 on CentOS
4 and I know from someone that he uses a self-compiled Apache 2.2 on
CentOS 4 and this works fine for him as well. So, Apache 2.2 should still
have this functionality. But testing this on CentOS 5 with the Apache 2.2
coming with it is not working for me.
Has anyone tested this already? Does it work for you? I fear the build for
RHEL/CentOS 5 may be missing a build parameter or so that is necessary to
enable this.

(*) using the same wildcard certificate for all SSL virtual hosts on the
same IP-no:port combination, of course.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany