[CentOS] Re: system gets suspended automatically!

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Wed Feb 13 16:38:52 UTC 2008

Chandra wrote:
> Well, I don't have much idea but when the kernel detects multiple
> cpus, the "irq=poll" entry should be added by default. It may be
> useful in solving a lot of such problems (well, just a thought) (-__^)

I'm not familiar with the actual impact of that option, but I'm guessing
it could be a real hit on IO performance in systems doing lots of
network and disk operations?

most of my centos systems are multiprocessor and I've not had to set
that flag on any of them.   they are mostly used for network middleware
and database development and often run heavily saturated with IO workloads.