[CentOS] Kernel 2.6.18-53.1.13.el5 fails on network.

Steven Haigh

netwiz at crc.id.au
Thu Feb 14 03:13:34 UTC 2008

Hi all,

After the latest lot of kernel security updates have come out, I updated one
of my colo boxes and rebooted. It didn't come back up and fails when booting
on:
	* CPU Microcode update
	* iptables
	* eth0

The booting process completes, however as you can imagine, there is no
network connectivity at all. The only config changes were installing the new
kernel. Booting back into 2.6.18-8.1.8.el5 make things work 100% again.

The system is a dual P3 1Ghz with an e100 network card.

Has anyone else come across this?

Sadly, this is a headless box in an unattended colo - so I can't sit down
and reboot upon reboot to try and figure out the cause of the problem.

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz at crc.id.au
Web: http://www.crc.id.au