[CentOS] Hardened PHP? Suhosin patch?

Niki Kovacs

contact at kikinovak.net
Fri Feb 15 12:17:20 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm running a few PHP-based apps on our server (PMB, SPIP, Joomla,
PHPMyAdmin), and I'm not always comforted about security. I don't know
the details, but many a security expert frowns when it comes to PHP.

Now I just stumbled over this:

http://www.hardened-php.net/suhosin.127.html

Has anyone already tried this out? An opinion about it? Is it worth it?

Since I have to rebuild PHP anyway (because I need some specific modules
that can only be obtained by rebuilding it), it wouldn't be much of a
hassle. But I'm curious about the experts' opinion here.

Cheers,

Niki