[CentOS] Gettiing the latest Firefox and Thunderbird for CentOS 5.1

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Fri Feb 15 23:39:55 UTC 2008

Edward Diener wrote:
> Is there any 3rd party repository for which I can get the latest
> versions of Firefox and Thunderbird for CentOS 5.1 and install them
> using yum ?

to be honest, I am currently using the firefox2 and thunderbird2
binaries from mozilla.com ... they are fairly easy to install and keep
updated on a limited number of machines.

I also use the OpenOffice.org 2.3.x binaries on my workstation from OOo.

Keeping both of these cutting edge (just on workstations) from upstream
seems to work and is not too difficult.

CentOS will be adding Firefox-3.0 to CentOS-5 (and maybe CentOS-4)
centosplus when it is released upstream.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes