[CentOS] IA64 Installation oddities

Michael Walston

mwalston at itremarketing.com
Mon Feb 18 17:15:45 UTC 2008

I've installed CentOS 4.6 on a Celestica IYA210 1U server.
Configuration is 2GB PC2100 ECC, dual 1.4GHz Itanium 2 cpus, and various
hard drives.  The installer works great on 18GB, 36GB, and 73GB drives,
however when I install to a 73GB drive there seems to be no
functional /boot/efi that the system can map.  Is this a system specific
issue that I should ask about somewhere else?  I'm bringing it up here
just in case it happens to be some sort of bug that someone knows about.
I apologize if this is not the proper place to ask this.

Thank you,
Mike W