[CentOS] Yum not updating kernel

Ed Donahue liberaled at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 01:15:01 UTC 2008

output

[root at centos ~]# yum -d5 update kernel
Running "config" handler for "skip-broken" plugin
Running "config" handler for "installonlyn" plugin
Running "config" handler for "priorities" plugin
Running "init" handler for "fastestmirror" plugin
Running "init" handler for "kmod" plugin
Yum Version: 3.0.5
COMMAND: yum -d5
Installroot: /
Ext Commands:

   kernel
Setting up Update Process
Setting up repositories
Running "postreposetup" handler for "fastestmirror" plugin
Setting up Package Sacks
Running "exclude" handler for "priorities" plugin

<--list of packages-->

588 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
Reading Local RPMDB
Building updates object
Could not find update match for kernel
No Packages marked for Update/Obsoletion

I think this started after I did an upgrade from 5 to 5.1 via dvd install.