[CentOS] Centos Livecd

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Feb 20 19:34:46 UTC 2008

Milton Calnek wrote:
> It's fairly easy to roll your own.
> I got livecd-tools.  I think I got it from the fedora project, but I'm
> not sure... or maybe from the CentOS Wiki.
> I also got a couple of Kick-Start files...
>
> livecd-creator --config=centos-livecd-minimal.ks --fslabel=1st_live_cd
>
> Add you have the ISO.

all of this stuff is well documented on the Trac instance for the project.

However, installing from the livecd the way it is setup at the moment is
a really bad idea. There are a few options on how one might sanitise the
install process - but I am not committing to doing yet another thing :D

- K'I am going to finish all the things I am working on first'B