[CentOS] How to Disable PAM in Centos 5.1

vincenzo romero new2xen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 16:27:10 UTC 2008

Hello Nate,

1.  It is just for my lab - deploying a few hundred servers for
testing purposes - we are not concerned over security.

2.  It's because I'm trying to get Root-NFS to diskless workstation
running; and this is my latest challenge and struggle after having
PXE/TFTPd and DHCPd running and working on my buildserver.

I am basically trying to eliminate all possible issues; so I can get a
grip on creating a Root-NFS diskless workstation environment for the
lab.

Since this is not a secure environment, would you be so kind to help
me and let me know how to disable PAM?  .. :)

thanks in advance,

- V.

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 8:19 AM, nate <centos at linuxpowered.net> wrote:
> vincenzo romero wrote:
>
>  > I would like to DISABLE the PAM authentication; am unable to get the
>  > answer after googl'ing for hours; if anyone is familiar on how to do
>  > this: please advise.  I am quite new to the intricacies of this OS;
>  > please bear the naive questions.
>
>  Since your quite new, may I ask what is the reason behind wanting
>  to disable PAM ? I can't imagine any reason why someone would want
>  to do that. But I'm sure there is some reason out there..
>
>  Just curious.
>
>  nate

best,

Vince