[CentOS] How to speed up Rsync transfers

Dan Carl danc at bluestarshows.com
Fri Feb 22 21:43:14 UTC 2008

I don't do anything that special
rsync -ae 'ssh -p 2112' --progress $SOURCEPATH $DESTUSER@$DESTHOST:$DESTPATH
or
rsync -a --progress --rsh='ssh -p 2112' $SOURCEPATH
$DESTUSER@$DESTHOST:$DESTPATH

no real speed difference etiher way.

I just ran a test from one local box the another on a 100Mbit link and the
fastest transfer OI got was 10MBytes/second but most were between
1MBytes/second and 4MBytes/second.

Dan