[CentOS] dovecot/procmail w/maildir format?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 14:58:00 UTC 2008

Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Saturday 23 February 2008 01:12:28 Kenneth Porter wrote:
>> --On Friday, February 22, 2008 9:48 PM +0000 Anne Wilson
>>
>> <cannewilson at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>> I don't know of any convenient way if you are talking huge amounts.  I
>>> simply  created maildir folders to match each of the mbox ones, just
>>> slightly  modifying the name, and moved the messages into the new boxes.
>>> Finally I  deleted the old boxes and renamed the new ones.
>> What did you use to "move" the message?
>>
> Drag'n Drop in kmail

If you are going from one machine to another, the user can connect to
both accounts and drag between them, but they have to rebuild the folder
structure manually.

The Dovecot wiki mentions a plugin that will do a conversion when a user
logs in.  http://wiki.dovecot.org/Plugins/Convert  That looks like it
might be the handiest way but I haven't tried it and don't know how well
it meshes with concurrent deliveries already being done in the new format.

http://wiki.dovecot.org/Migration/MailFormat has other conversion tools.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com