[CentOS] Yum not updating kernel

Ray Van Dolson rayvd at bludgeon.org
Sat Feb 23 18:24:12 UTC 2008

> installonlypkgs
> List  of  packages  that  should  only  ever be installed, never
> updated. Kernels in particular fall into this category. Defaults to
> ‘kernel, kernel-smp, kernel-bigmem, kernel-enterprise, kernel-debug,
> kernel-unsupported’.
>
> What I missed is "never updated". If this is my problem, how do I fix
> it?

This just means that the newer kernels will be installed instead of
replacing the old kernels packages.  It doesn't mean that newer kernels
will not be installed at all.

Sheesh, I thought you got your update issues sorted out a long time
ago. :)  Just give someone from this list root on your box already so we
can see this for ourselves. :)

Ray