[CentOS] NFS options on kernel parameters

vincenzo romero

new2xen at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 22:36:17 UTC 2008

Hello,

I am running an NFS server/PXE on a Cent OS 5.1 server.   I have
defined an NFS export with "no_root_squash" option in my /etc/exports
file:
#
# NFS Export Files
#
/export/images                  *(rw,sync,no_root_squash)

... A client PXE boots as a diskless station to the above server into
a root-NFS directory underneath the above /export/images export.  When
the client boots; the NFS export is NOT root-Squashing - whenever I
touch a file, it is created as user nobody and NOT root.

I would like to NFS root-squash the root directory.  I believe that I
am missing to pass a parameter in my kernel - (defined in ..
/pxelinux.cfg/default) .. currently my kernel parameters are:

APPEND root=/dev/nfs rw nfsroot=192.1.2.5:/export/images/root-fs ip=dhcp

... would anyone be kind to provide advise on how I can mount my
client so that I am ensure that the "no_root_squash" setting is
enabled?

thanks in advace.

--
best,