[CentOS] sudo

Ralph Angenendt ra+centos at br-online.de
Tue Feb 26 14:01:31 UTC 2008

Centos wrote:
> Hello
>
> unfortunately other users can change to my user name with sudo,
> how I can prevent it ? is there a command to prevent to change to only my
> user name ?

DO NOT HIJACK THREADS ON A MAILING LIST. Post a "fresh" mail to
centos at centos.org, don't just blindly reply to some mail and just change
the subject.

And yes, any user which is allowed to switch to root can also switch to
any other user on the system. That's what root is allowed to do. See the
manual page of /etc/sudoers on how to just enable specific commands (why
do all of those users need to be root anyway?).

Ralph