[CentOS] xen domU shutdown and save

gen2

gen2 at planetofidiots.com
Thu Feb 28 17:15:03 UTC 2008

Hi There,

Having some trouble discovering how to shutdown domU's without saving
them. I have some awful power from the grid causing the backup battery
system to initiate shutdown's on dom0, which is the desired result,
however domU's are saving (which I don't want) and this takes a very
long time (for whatever reason). As they shutdown, console does this
.................................on and on while it tries to save the
domU's, past the point where the battery can sustain the dom0. So I need
a way to consistently, gracefully deal with dom0 shutdowns (in a timely
manner).

I have the domU's in /etc/xen/auto.

Thanks for any pointers!