[CentOS] Re: Recommended software for mail greylist?

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Fri Feb 29 23:37:16 UTC 2008

In article <47C83DDC.5040500 at karan.org>,
Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
> Tony Mountifield wrote:
> > In article <47C80CF7.9030003 at gmail.com>,
> > Zhang Huangbin <zhbmaillistonly at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hi, all.
> >>
> >> I want to use grey list in mail server, currently, i use postgrey to
> >> implement it.
> >>
> >> Any other recommended software?
> >
> > I use ASSP - http://assp.sourceforge.net/ with a Wiki at http://www.asspsmtp.org
> >
> > It does more than greylisting too.
> >

> looks interesting, would you consider writing an article on
> wiki.centos.org on how one might integrate that into a centos distro
> included MTA ?

Well.... the box on which it is installed is still running FC1. And an
old version of ASSP. I haven't had time to update either yet, let alone
write a wiki article. However, I did find the ASSP documentation itself
pretty good.

Basically, you have to make sendmail listen on a different port,
e.g. port 225 on 127.0.0.1 only:

O DaemonPortOptions=Port=225,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA

and then start up ASSP, listening on port 25 on all interfaces and
relaying to port 225 on localhost. The rest of the configuration is done
through ASSP's web interface.

Cheers
Tony
--