[CentOS] What's up with the mailing list spam?

Ray Van Dolson rvandolson at esri.com
Fri Jan 4 14:26:35 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jan 04, 2008 at 03:22:35PM +0100, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> Matt Shields wrote:
> > Just this morning I've gotten 3 or 4 pieces of spam on the CentOS mailing list.
>
> Tell us how we should reject that in advance and we will. Yes, the
> "user" was subscribed.

Clearly you should assign an infinite number of monkeys to the problem!

Is kinda weird though; I've also seen posts from what I assume to be
the same spam source (and around the exact same time) on the
dell linux-poweredge list.

They'll unsubscribe the offenders and the problem will go away.  This
thing pops up from time to time.

Ray