[CentOS] centos 5.1 fresh install of ipvsadm: service won't start: config missing

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Sat Jan 5 03:11:35 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jan 04, 2008 at 08:03:18PM -0500, William Ottley alleged:
> Hello all,
> I have ipvsadm-1.24 installed, and there's an error when the service starts:
>
> Applying IPVS configuration: /etc/init.d/ipvsadm: line 62:
> /etc/sysconfig/ipvsadm: No such file or directory
>
> is the install broken? I did a "yum whatprovides ipvsadm" and it does
> say there's a config, but doesn't point to where it is.
>
> any suggestions?

Looking at /etc/init.d/ipvsadm, it appears that after manually creating IPVS
rules using /usr/sbin/ipvsadm, you run 'service ipvsadm save' which creates
/etc/sysconfig/ipvsadm.  Once the rules are saved, the initscript will reapply
the rules at boot.