[CentOS] Remote desktop...

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 16:46:57 UTC 2008

On Jan 7, 2008 1:32 PM, Tolun ARDAHANLI <tolun.ardahanli at linux.org.tr> wrote:
> Hi;
>
> I want to connect from linux to Centos....;)

I made two thinks.

First for my xen domU I configured a Xvnc server. When I connect, I
get the GDM asking me my login/password.
I was so happy, that for my laptop, I configured the VNC module in Xorg.
The difference is that for my laptop I can control an already open X
session or come back to my laptop
and continue on an remotely open connection.

That way from any client: Windows or any linux; I can use the RealVnc
client to connect to both.
I use RealVnc because I solved any keyboard mapping problem with it.

Regards

> what should i use at user side and server side?
>
> thanks...

> > > yum install rdesktop
> > >

> > rdesktop is a remote desktop for connecting from linux to windows
> > machines ... nx/freenx setup a secure remote desktop for access a linux
> > machine from either a linux or windows machine.
> >
> > Which are you trying to accomplish?

> --
>

> Tolun ARDAHANLI
> Bilgisayar Muhendisi