[CentOS] Re: Live CD Planning systems

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Mon Jan 7 18:00:06 UTC 2008

on 1/7/2008 1:46 AM John R Pierce spake the following:
> John Bowden wrote:
>> I have a external USB HD enclosure that takes its power from the one
>> USB socket. Its only failed to do so on one oldish tower that a friend
>> of mine has, on that machine it needed the second "power" connection.
>> Got it from Ebay
>

> thts also out of spec, as USB is speced for 2.5 watts, 500mA at 5V, per
> port.   Typlical laptop HD is like 5 watts, more when spinning up.
>

> yes, I know it usually works.  just saying...
Sometimes you can find small 4 to 6 gig closeout drives with lower power
requirements. And you can look around for 1.8 inch drives and enclosures. That
should run on a single port.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and