[CentOS] can't install pptp client

Mark Weaver mdw1982 at mdw1982.com
Mon Jan 7 16:24:10 UTC 2008

fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 06, 2008 at 05:58:35PM -0500, Mark Weaver wrote:
>> Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> <snip>
>> Ok... I finally got everything installed, however when ever I run the
>> client and establish a connection, the moment any data begins to pass
>> back and forth the entire system locks up tight and requires a hardboot
>> to clear things up.
>>
>> I wonder since this laptop is an Athlon X2 (x86_64) based system is it
>> possible that mixing i386 and x86_64 packages could make the system
>> unstable?
> Yep : the mppe module is unstable on x86_64 (but it's stable on i386) :
> see the bug report : http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=2076
>> btw.. thank you very much for the info directing me to your repo.
>> emmensely helpful.
>
> You're welcome .. :-)
>
> Fabian Arrotin

Ah well... since it's the only thing that isn't working and everything
else works so awesomely (not sure that's even a word) I'm not going to
complain, but will work on a solution...

Overall it feels REAL good to get back into a RedHat (CentOS) system.
OpenSUSE 10.3 is nice and all, but it ain't CentOS!

Mark