[CentOS] Probably OT: Has anyone else seen SeaMonkey 'pop' without warning?

Nicolas Thierry-Mieg Nicolas.Thierry-Mieg at imag.fr
Tue Jan 8 08:33:15 UTC 2008

MHR wrote:
> I sent a bug report to Mozilla about this, but I was hoping someone here
> might have an insight on this.
>
> I use SeaMonkey as my default browser (32-bit even though I'm running
> x86_64 CentOS 5.1), version 1.1.7.
>
> Shortyl after installing 1.1.7 on my 5.0 (and even since 5.1), I noticed
> that every so often, seemingly at random, although it appears most
> frequently when I click on something that wants to interact with the
> file system, the SeaMonkey window just closes.

you mean seamonkey crashes, right? ie, all other seamonkey windows on
the box close?
I've been seeing that at home on a 32-bit centos 5 system... very annoying!
But I haven't noticed it on my 64-bit machine at work, where I use an
x86_64 seamonkey (with nspluginwrapper for flash), straight rebuild of
seamonkey-1.1.7-1.fc7.src.rpm.

You might want to try that.