[CentOS] Re: NFS problems with CentOS 4.5

Steve Thompson smt at vgersoft.com
Thu Jan 10 18:12:32 UTC 2008

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008, Mark Belanger wrote:

> This really seems like a client side issue.  The targeted NFS dirs
> range from CentOS 3.x hosts to NetApp filers.  All exhibit the same
> problem and all work fine when our builds are run on CentOS3.x or
> Solaris

I have also regularly seen this issue and agree that it appears to be
client-side. It has occurred for every version of Linux NFS server that I
have used, from RH 5.0 up to CentOS 5.1. I also do not see it for any
non-Linux client (Tru64, OS X, Solaris). I also have not seen it for
CentOS 3/4/5 64-bit clients, but I do see it for CentOS 3 32-bit clients.

Steve