[CentOS] Howto for LDAP authentication with replication

Scott Ehrlich scott at MIT.EDU
Fri Jan 11 04:51:31 UTC 2008

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008, Craig White wrote:

> On Thu, 2008-01-10 at 14:40 -0600, Sean Carolan wrote:
>> Can anyone point me to a how to or beginners guide to setting up LDAP
>> authentication on CentOS5 with replication?
> ----
> well, if you want something that's comprehensive, I probably can't offer
> much.
>
> CentOS documentation definitely has some clues...
> http://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/5.1/Deployment_Guide/ch-ldap.html
>
> and you should become familiar with openldap's official documentation
> here...
> http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin23/
>
> and finally, I would recommend a book...
> LDAP System Administration by Gerald Carter
> which really simplifies the instruction even though it is old and
> outdated

Haven't read the book, but Gerry Carter gave an outstanding presentation
at this year's LISA (ok, last year's) on OpenLDAP,  Full day session, and
worth every minute.   Excellent presentation on wireshark, too, no matter
your skill level with it.  Great guy, too.

Scott