[CentOS] Syslog timezone issue

Filipe Brandenburger filbranden at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 20:13:49 UTC 2008

On Jan 11, 2008 2:51 PM, Bart Schaefer <barton.schaefer at gmail.com> wrote:

> With CentOS-5.1, they're dated in UTC *most* of the time,
> but occasionally in the local timezone.  This has seriously confused a
> couple of our homegrown process monitoring scripts.

IIRC, the datestamp is put by the process that is logging, not by syslog
itself. Maybe when that process started you hadn't configured the right
/etc/localtime and the process still thinks it's running in UTC (processes
read /etc/localtime only once).

Did you try rebooting the machine to see if it solves the problem?

Filipe