[CentOS] Firefox and Flash

Niki Kovacs

contact at kikinovak.net
Mon Jan 14 20:14:55 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have CentOS 5.1 with the latest updates running on all my desktops.
Firefox has the flash-plugin from RPMForge installed, and I think this
is the cause that it crashes quite often.

Is there a more stable Flash plugin somewhere? I had a similar problem
on Slackware 12.0 with the "stable" plugin from Adobe. I replaced that
with the "development" version from labs.macromedia.com, and after that,
Firefox crashed much less.

It's a pity that the folks from Red Hat chose Firefox as their "default"
browser. I've been using Seamonkey for some time and found it 1) as
pleasant to use 2) much more stable and 3) much less RAM-consuming.

cheers,

Niki