[CentOS] Mounting /var directory to a new HardDisk

Indunil Jayasooriya

indunil75 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 03:23:57 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have a mailgw running Centos where trendmicro(IMSS) is installed. it
works perfectly. Now, the problem is it is running out of Harddisk.

pls see below  and pay attention to / file system (/dev/sda6), where
only 1.3 gb is available. these are not Logical volums (LVM)

[root at gateway 17141]# df -h
/dev/sda6             9.7G  7.9G  1.3G  87% /
/dev/sda1              99M  9.2M   85M  10% /boot
/dev/sda5              15G   11G  3.5G  75% /opt
none                  627M     0  627M   0% /dev/shm

I checkd with du -h. then, I saw /var has 7.1 gb. So, Now I want to
know, If I plug a new harddisk and partion with fdisk and then format
that harddisk, will I able to mount /var directory to it ?

Your Ideas?

--
Thank you
Indunil Jayasooriya