[CentOS] HP Autoloader

redhat at mckerrs.net redhat at mckerrs.net
Fri Jan 18 05:44:58 UTC 2008

----- "Joseph L. Casale" <jcasale at ActiveNetwerx.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I need to backup data to an HP autoloader, it needs to be *full*
> backups each time so using Amanda doesn’t make sense.
>

> Can someone point me to what utilities to use to access the
> autoloader, I would rather read up on this myself as my knowledge here
> is very weak. I am moving this unit from a windows environment running
> Backup Exec. I know all of those features won’t be available but I was
> hoping to control in some predictable manner what tapes are used in
> what order to effectively partition the loader.
>

> Thanks,
> jlc
> --
> dangerous content by MailScanner , and is
> believed to be clean.

Are you looking for suggestions on a complete backup solution which has autloader support or are you just after information about the tools ?

I've used bacula in production at a  few sites, it has all the enterprise features, except a good GUI ;-)

It can control autoloaders and do full backups each night etc.

http://bacula.org

Typically, people use 'mt' to control autoloaders from the CLI.

Cheers.

believed to be clean.